Financial Awards for students attending post-secondary education
Our donors understand the weight of tuition costs, and to help, have created legacy funds to ensure students from Central Alberta have access to financial support for the purpose of education.
These awards are made possible by endowing all donations, and using the investment income to create scholarships and bursaries. As per CRA regulations, our Foundation is not at liberty to disburse the awards directly to recipients. Rather, we release the funds directly to the post-secondary institution, which then credits the student’s tuition account.
Each award has its own criteria, deadline and submitting process. Please read all pieces of the application carefully.
Applications closing in March:
- A. Bernard & Mary B. Dixon Scholarship – Friday, March 17, 2023
Applications closing in April:
- Trey Purdie Memorial Scholarship – Monday, April 3, 2023
- Rex Turple Memorial Scholarship – Wednesday, April 5, 2023
Applications closing in May:
- Dr. Don Church Scholarship – Monday, May 1 , 2023
- Brady van der Heide Citizenship Award – Friday, May 26, 2023
- Ford Family Scholarship – Wednesday, May 31, 2023
- Rotary Career Opportunity Awards – Wednesday, May 10, 2023
- Smiles Thru Lindsey Women in Aviation Award – Wednesday, May 31, 2023
- William Arthur Bower Memorial Scholarship – Wednesday, May 10, 2023
Applications closing in June:
FINANCIAL AWARD APPLICATION PROCESS
Carefully read all criteria and requirements for applications
Complete your application based on the grant requirements
Submit application on time, with proof of post-secondary acceptance
Wait six to eight weeks to hear if your application was successful
Successful applicants will have their student accounts credited at the post-secondary institution they are registered to attend