Red Deer Golf & Country Club Centennial Scholarship
The 100th Anniversary Committee, via the Board of Directors, created an endowed fund to establish annual awards for individuals wishing to pursue full-time studies at a recognized post-secondary institution in Canada. The Fund is established to commemorate the RDGCC Centenary, as part of the Club’s celebration of this milestone with its members and the community.
Awards will be given on an annual basis in an amount of no less than $1000.
Eligibility and Criteria:
- Award is available to students who graduated from high schools in Red Deer and Red Deer County
- Applicant must be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident
- Applicants will complete in full, an application form, which will include the provision of support letters for at least 2 members of a golf club within the geographic area of eligibility, developed by the RDGCC/Selection Committee
- Applicants will provide academic achievement of acceptance into a program offering a certificate, diploma, or degree of not less than 2 years in duration from eligible institutions
- Applicants will have been employed in the golf industry or will have actively participated in the game of golf, as evidenced by an official Golf Canada handicap or written attestation from a certified PGA Golf Professional
- Consideration will be given to applicants who are pursuing post-secondary programs in the golf industry; e.g., Turfgrass Management, Golf Course Management
- The award will be based on merit, but preference may be given to those applicants who have demonstrated a need for financial assistance
Note: As per CRA regulations, our Foundation is not at liberty to disburse the awards directly to recipients. Rather, we release the funds directly to the post-secondary institution, which then credits the student’s tuition account.
Each award has its own criteria, deadline, and submission process. Please read all pieces of the application carefully.