RDDCF takes part in a new Healthy Communities Initiative
Applications for the second round of CHCI opens on May 14, 2021.
COVID-19 has seriously impacted our access and use of public spaces which are the glue to our communities. They are a big part of what makes communities safe, vibrant and connected.
The Healthy Communities Initiative is a $31 million investment from the Government of Canada to support communities as they create and adapt public spaces to respond to the new realities of COVID-19. We are proud to be working with CFC and the Government of Canada and other community foundations in the Southern Alberta region to provide over $1.26 M of funding to support organizations who are showing creativity and resourcefulness in creating solutions that enable people to connect and access public spaces safely while still respecting public health measures.
Organizations can apply for the second and final round of CHCI funding from May 14, 2021, at 9:00 AM AST until June 25, 2021, at 5:00 PM PST.
Applicants are encouraged to watch the recorded webinars below:
- How to Apply to the Healthy Communities Initiative
- Simple Ways To Create Vibrant Safe Spaces or Adapt Public Places and Programming During a Pandemic
- Coming Together: Maintaining a Healthy Sense of Community in Indigenous Communities During a Pandemic
- Mobility 101: Simple Ideas To Improve The Ways We Get Places During a Pandemic
- Creating safe and lively public spaces to improve mobility options
- How to Write a Successful Funding Application: Tips for First Time Applicants
- Digital Solutions 101: Community digital solutions ideas to support people during a pandemic