We understand, flexibility matters.
Individuals who require flexible work schedules should feel confident to apply for this position.
Fund Development Program Manager
Working closely with the Executive Director, the Fund Development Program Manager (FDPM) is responsible for leading planning, implementation, and evaluation of a comprehensive development program through the utilization of community education and impactful fundraising strategies to support our community as a whole.
The FDPM will create and enhance agency and donor-centered vehicles for fundraising – annual giving, major gifts, capital campaigns, and planned giving using a strategic and integrated approach. This position will be expected to cultivate and steward all donors and sponsorship opportunities as well as develop new endowment education opportunities to support local charitable agencies in creating sustainable funding streams through the Foundation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead the planning, delivery and evaluation of the Foundation’s Development Program, in accordance with ethical fundraising principles
- Enhance the Foundation’s core philosophy of donor-centered fundraising and ensure excellence in donor stewardship by providing Foundation donors with all they require to meet their philanthropic goals
- Develop and implement a Planned Giving strategy
- Develop and implement the Foundation’s Major Gifts strategy
- Establish and deliver small to medium size capital campaigns for specified endowment funds
- Create and execute Corporate Partnership strategy
- Establish strategic relationships with other local charitable organizations to develop and execute an Endowment Education program
- Work closely with the Foundation’s Leadership team to ensure a seamless approach to development throughout the organization
- Provide strategic development advice and counsel to the Executive Director
- Lead the preparation and management of the annual Development Program budget requirements as part of the total Foundation’s annual budget
- Oversee the relational database for the Foundation, so that it is a current, reliable and accurate resource and tool according to the Foundation’s policies and procedures
- Design and extract all Development Program reporting requirements
- Ensure adherence to legislation, industry codes of ethics, best practices
- Maintain all policies and procedures for the Development Program
- Position hours can be flexible to support the candidate most suitable for the position. Evenings and weekends as required.
- Position will remain open until the successful candidate is found.
Essential functions are duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position.
Applications open now
Please submit resume, cover letter and three references to:
Red Deer & District Community Foundation
Attn: Erin Peden, Executive Director
#503 4901 48th Street
Red Deer, AB T4N 6M4
Or email to: email@example.com
Subject Line: Fund Development Program Manager
Only successful applicants will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in working with the Red Deer & District Community Foundation. Applications will be accepted until a successful applicant is selected.