NOMINEE'S FULL NAME & CONTACT INFO:
The Adjudication Committee will make their decisions based on the criteria listed below, and the criteria for each award. Please write a profile of your nominee, use point form and provide specific examples.
1. What are the nominee's unique and outstanding achievements?
- Displays originality, innovation and excellence in category. Excellence may mean unique and exemplary.
- Breaking new ground or old barriers.
- Making a distinct and describable difference in people's lives or community as a whole. Whereas the impact of their achievements go beyond their field of employment or sphere of influence.
2. How was the nominee contributed to the well being of the community?
- Contributions which enhance her community in any way such as socially, economically, or culturally.
- Being an agent of change either within her particular community or the world at large.
- Affiliation and participation with community organizations such as youth groups, sports, etc.
- Volunteer work and/or employment.
3. How has the nominee contributed as a role model?
- Has enriched or enabled others by virtue of involvement with, or the influence of this candidate.
- Demonstrated vision and pioneering spirit in the advancement of the community and our quality of life.
- Educate, support and encourage successors, colleagues and peers.
- Demonstrated admirable qualities such as leadership, good interpersonal relationships, academic excellence, etc.
Please provide a brief biography (120 words MAXIMUM). Include the most important facts and accomplishments from the nominee's life. This material MUST BE UP TO DATE AND ACCURATE as it will be incorporated into the information prepared for the Reception and Gala programs.
Biographies must be reviewed by the nominee after notification of the statement of nomination has been made.
- Sample Biography (2018 WE nominee Nicole Leal)
Nicole Leal, a dedicated and passionate artist, is highly regarded as a leader in the arts. A 2013 graduate from RDC’s performing Arts & Creation program, Nicole landed the position as the first female Artistic Director for Tree House Youth Theatre. After Nicole’s long history of volunteer work with Central Alberta Theatre, she was hired as their Production Manager. Her work as an actor includes Prime Stock Theatre’s Bard on Bower, B.I.T.E., Butt Ugly, and alumna for RDC’s main-stage performances. Roles in film include an extra with ignition Theatre and the lead in CACHE Production’s film Are You Listening? In 2016, Nicole co-founded Red Deer’s booming improvisation group improv Jelly. The arts community values her as a dynamic resource.
RDDCF staff will follow up with you after receipt of this nomination. Please note that the following will need to be submitted by January 30, 2019 at 4:30 pm:
LETTERS OF SUPPORT
Two (2) reference letters in support of your nominee will be required. Their contact information will need to be included, and the references are to be made aware they may be contacted. Photos, tapes and video recordings will not be accepted. Letters of support SHOULD NOT come from the nominator nor family members of the nominee. (See the Nomination Guide for examples of letters, or give RDDCF staff a call at 403.341.6911)
A resume or equivalent which outlines the nominee's background, career and present work or activity including organizational involvement, volunteer activities, education, awards, recognition and other achievements.
Please read the following statement and check them if you agree:
Use of your personal information will be strictly limited to the purposes you have consented to as outlined above. You may withdraw your consent by contacting the Red Deer & District Community Foundation at any time.